PROCEDURES FOR CONNECTION OF WATER TO NEW CUSTOMERS
- Customer attendant will take details of the customer requesting for water supply service including Name, plot and block number of the area where water is to be installed (for planned areas).
- NWCI will arrange for the plumber to visit site of the expected customer in order to know the place and identify the nearest water tapping point possible.
- For areas where DUWASA pipeline is far away from the plot, the plumber will advice the expected customer to request connection from his/her neighbor.
- For distance not exceeding 50m, the plumber will ask the expected customer to submit layout plan, two (2) recent passport size photos, letter from a neighbor allowing to tape water (where applicable).
- For distance exceeding 50m, the plumber will communicate with NWCI who will discuss the matter with PDE for decision, before being allowed to submit the items in 4.4 above.
- The plumber will prepare list of materials (pipes and fittings) required for connection and give it to NWCI who will key them in a special form. The expected customer will purchase such materials and Plumber will inspect their quality.
- Expected customer will also pay to DUWASA for Meter deposit, trench excavation and backfilling and 20% of the cost of all materials he purchased.
- DUWASA contractor shall excavate trench at a depth not less than 90cm and plumber will lay pipes and fix all fittings. Contractor shall backfill the trench.
- Plumber will prepare a sketch showing the actual layout of pipes at site
- NWCI shall gather all customers’ information into one file and request water meter which will be checked by TM and approved by MD before being issued by HPMU.
- Plumber shall fix the meter to the customer at a height not exceeding 40cm and submit meter reading card to a customer.
- Customer shall sign a meter installation contract and keep one copy with him/her and another copy shall be kept in DUWASAs’ custody.
- Customer shall construct a meter chamber
- NWCI will submit the file to respective Zonal Officer for recording and identification of such new customer in the zone.